Indiana Land Values, 6 Months in Review
This land values and price per tillable acre in West Central Indiana is a summary from a time period of September 1, 2019 through February 28, 2020. This 6 month time period shows a very stable land market in Benton County, Indiana. This was a single county report and does not include Tippecanoe County or land near Purdue University. You can link to the most recent Purdue Ag PAER report here. > We will release our Tippecanoe County land summary at a later date.
- Average Price Per acre: $9,007 per acre
- Average WAPI: 159.5
- Average $/WAPI: 56.59
- Total Number of Acres in Sample: 811
- Total Dollar Value: $7.42 Million dollars in sales
- Highest Price per acre: $10,375 per acre (farm auction in competitive bidding area)
- Lowest Price Per acre: $8,000
Only two (2) farms in this Indiana land values report included wind turbine royalties, with a total of 140 acres and two 1st generation wind turbines. The 3 year average royalties of these wind turbines were $6,800 per year. One of these farms with wind turbines sold for $8,500 per acre and the other sold for $9,700 per acre.