Morel Mushroom ALFREDO SAUCE Recipe
Rich and creamy alfredo only gets better with the addition of morel mushrooms. We use fresh cheeses for this recipe vs. packaged. It’s a bit more preparation, but the end result is well worth it. Fontina and Mozzarella both melt well, creating a good base with the cream. For those that prefer a more nutty flavor, substitute the Fontina cheese for Gruyère.
List of Ingredients
- 1⁄4 to ½ pound of fresh morel mushrooms
- 4 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups of heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon of fresh ground black pepper or white pepper
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan reggiano cheese
- 1⁄4 cup of grated fontina cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated fresh mozzarella cheese.
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- Box of Alfredo pasta
ALFREDO SAUCE DIRECTIONS
- Pour yourself a glass of white wine and enjoy.
- Melt 3 tablespoons of butter in a medium saucepan with olive oil over medium/low heat.
- Add half of the garlic, all of the cream, pepper and bring the mixture to a simmer, stirring often.
- Slowly add the Parmesan reggiano cheese and simmer sauce for 8-10 minutes or until sauce has thickened and is smooth.
- When sauce has thickened add the Fontina cheese and Mozzarella cheese and stir until smooth. STIRRING FREQUENTLY.
- DO NOT BOIL – keep the sauce at a simmer with a few bubbles.
PREPARATION OF GRILLED CHICKEN BREAST
- Season Chicken Breast with a dash of garlic seasoning, salt and pepper
- Grill on high heat to sear and finish to 160 Degrees F internally
- Cover with foil and rest 10 – 15 minutes
PREPARATION OF PASTA & MOREL MUSHROOMS
- Prepare the pasta per the instructions on the box or bag
- Slice your morel mushrooms into rings (about 1/4 inch wide)
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a deep pan
- Spread the mushrooms in the pan
- add one of the minced garlic cloves
- Sauté the morels (turning often) until they make a popping sound
- Add white wine and stir
- Slowly add your alfredo sauce
- Cover your pasta, top with the chicken breast and serve immediately.
- Enjoy another glass of white wine with dinner.
Take it to the next level by topping with grilled asparagus